2.21.2009

My Day Out

So my friend Aaron and I decided to go out on a picture taking day in Seattle. We first went to the Arboretum which I haven't been to since I was a little girl and it was gorgeous. Full of a variety of beautiful trees, pathways over the water, and parks that would of been perfect for a picnic. You also end up walking under the Freeway quite often which is a very strange mix with the peacefulness of the park.



We then moved on to an ice cream parlor called Molly Moons on 45th in Wallingford, which if you have never been you definitely have to try. I discovered this place because of my mom and both her and my favorite is their salted caramel ice cream. They also have flavors such as balsamic strawberry and birthday cake, it is so my kind of place. From there we moved onto Gasworks park which is one of my favorite places to go in Seattle, and im there quite often. It has a huge rolling hill over looking Lake Union and downtown Seattle where we watched the sunset.



We ended the day visiting the troll that lives under the bridge in Freemont because my friend had never seen it before. The troll is a huge cement sculpture that holds a real vw bug that lives under the bridge.

All in all it was an amazing day and reminded me how much I truly love this city. I also got alot of inspiring photos that will help me to continually push my illustration work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, next time I'm on the west coast, you're going to have to give me a fun tour!

Anonymous said...

There's so much good food in Wallingford. I head there every time I go to Seattle.