3.25.2009

Erwin Wurm


So I have been on a path of being fascinated with spontinaeity and trying to learn and explore it as much as I can (as seen in part with my spontaneous bread blog). I was reading an article about spontaneous art tonight and discovered a new artist that I immeadiately fell in love with, Erwin Wurm an Austrian artist. I dont know much about him other than the images I have seen off what I am guessing is his website and other sites but this is what wikipedia had to say about him and his work:
"Since the late 1980's he has developed an ongoing series of "One Minute Sculptures," in which he poses himself or his models in unexpected relationships with everyday objects close at hand, prompting the viewer to question the very definition of sculpture. He seeks to use the "shortest path" in creating a sculpture -- a clear and fast, sometimes humorous, form of expression. As the sculptures are fleeting and meant to be spontaneous and temporary, the images are only captured in photos or on film."

No comments: